Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Kid Cudi Talks Drugs, Love & Kanye In His Puzzling Issue With Complex Magazine


After watching a few of Kid Cudi’s music videos you can clearly tell that he has a couple loose screws up there. He is probably one of the weirdest artists out right now, and in his new issue with Complex magazine he explains why he is the way he is. Kid Cudi talks about everything from drugs, love, Kanye West and much more.

Kid Cudi on why he disappeared after 2nd album release: I wanted to clear my head, besides detox. I had to look at the root of the whole problem, and that was work and the business. I wasn’t trying to hear it from nobody. I’m not even going to attack the people in my life that didn’t step in and try to stop it, ’cause I was just so bullheaded. There’s no way to slow somebody when they’re speeding down a path of destruction.I thought I was dealing with it in the proper way. I was in the moment. And when you’re that young, with that opportunity, all that money, and all that respect and power, sometimes you run with it. ’Cause I was like, “Man, you don’t know if this shit’s gon’ be here tomorrow.”

On spending time with Kanye West: I was at another place, another dark place. Me and my girl had broken up. I wasn’t fully healed yet. And being around Kanye and music was my escape. He’s a sober guy, he has a drink every once in a while, but seeing how he throws himself into the studio when he’s stressing about something, I totally admire that. Being around that was therapy for me.

On love: I’m just trying to figure out love. I never was really good at it, but when you have someone who loves you so much and can take your good and your bad, and work with you and help you grow—that’s priceless. To have a ride-or-die woman, for somebody that’s in the position I’m in, that’s a once-in-a-lifetime thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment